Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My How Time Flies

I've been a terrible blogger. We said all last year that the summer of 2009 was just a different kind of summer with me being pregnant and Robbie working and all the preparation that goes into having a baby. Well, I find myself saying the same thing for the summer of 2010. It's just a different kind of summer. Everything is different with an infant in tow, but this summer has had some different kinds of challenges.

Just before 4th of July Robbie's employer laid everyone off for a period of time. Fortunately a friend of Robbie's in Stevensville was able to set him up with a contractor doing HVAC...but that meant Robbie was in Stevi until Midwest could hire him back. He was gone for 3 weeks and for 3 weeks I was a single parent. I'll admit the break was nice at first. I got to pick up my girl and come home for our nightly routine. After a while though it got to be stressful when I had to drop her off, pick her up, feed her, change her clothes, bathe her, refill the humidifier, and put her to bed. Thank goodness she sleeps through the night!! That would have been awful had she not. Robbie is back now - yay! - but it threw a kink in all the fabulous weekend plans we wanted to make. We have not been camping once! Mom and Dad were also around to give assistance.

So back to Katie Rose. She is 2 days short of 9 months old. Our little baby is graving up. That's what I used to say insteading of growing up. In the 3 weeks Robbie was gone she and I bonded. She's quite attached to me which I love but she will still go to strangers without fuss. I know she's attached because she'll be good all evening while Robbie has her and as soon as I walk in the door she starts fussing, crawling to me, and pulling on my pant leg. As annoying as that can be, it delights my heart.

Katie Rose's tricks:

Crawling! She started crawling at about 8 months old and loves her new mobility and freedom. I believe this is what she's been wanting her whole life thus far.

Doing headstands, sort of. She'll go from crawling to a "bear stance" with her feet on the floor balancing on her head. It's so funny.
Pulling everything down everything she can reach. As Dad said, everything in our house that she can pull down and break has moved about 4 feet off the ground.

Making sounds - DA DA DA DA DA DA DA TA TA TA TA TA TA TA TA then she'll whisper ta ta ta tat a yayayayaya. Music to our ears!


Cutting her first tooth - I just discovered it last night. It's the most beautiful tooth I've ever felt. She seems to be handling this just fine for now. She sticks her tongue out alot but doesn't seem any crabbier than usual.

1 comment:

  1. i've decided different kind of summers will exist until our youngest children are in college...or maybe married?

    she is so cute!! love seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete