Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

So Behind!!















Ok so I have not been updating as often. My job keeps me busier since I got a promotion in August. My homelife keeps me busier with a now 13 month old running around and relentlessly trying to eat dog food. And along came hunting season...Halloween....Birthday....Thanksgiving....and now Christmas. Whew!!
So back to KR's birthday. It was a great little birthday party. The "rule" is that you invite the age of the child plus 1. The girls at work make fun of me because I have all these "rules." Rules about timeliness of thank you notes. Rules about what shoes can and can't be worn before and after certain holidays. Etc. We invited more children but hunting season is busy for families in Montana so only Alison Sutherlin came. And it was just perfect. Katie Rose loved all of her toys and she loved loved LOVED her cake. KR loves attention - an audience - commotion, noise, and entertainment, for sure. She gave the best performance a parent could ask for and we delighted in celebrating her first year.
Grandma Posie and Grandpa Bob came over with V-V and Grumpa. Bonnie and Pop were there and Meredith. We sipped on boxed wine and ate yummy food. The funniest part was what Bonnie was exclaiming while KR ate her cake. Bonnie thought maybe the top of the cupcake cake reminded her of her breastfeeding days. I've never heard Grandpa Bob laugh so hard.



No comments:

Post a Comment