Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Some Special Women

Last month Mom had 3 of her friends come visit from Mobile and the Eastern Shore. These are 3 friends she has known since highschool, Adelia, Ima Jean, and Anne and what remarkable women they are. Mom refers to them as "domestic divas." I admit I was a bit embarrassed for them to come to my house knowing it was covered in dust and animal fur - a far cry from their literally spotless homes, but I decided that since Miss Ima Jean and Miss Adelia, at least, had known me since I was born, it was too late to be anyone but myself. Miss Anne, if you read this, well, that's just me.

They were here for the ultrasound when we found out we are having a girl and they dove right into all things girlie and cute. They went shopping with Mom and they even came to the baby store to look at cribs and other baby goods with us and didn't seem to mind a bit! They especially didn't mind taking silly pictures at the mexican restaurant after Mom drank 2 margaritas. Miss Adelia had to drive home. Mom has always proclaimed when it came to alcohol, she was a cheap date.


This is me with my prenatal vitamins and an O'Doules.


And the 3 of them are grandmothers too! Mom loved being in good fun company with other seasoned grandmothers who could share insight and experience and a grandmother's list of must-haves. They even came to my house (while Robbie was gone) and had a mini baby shower for me with lots of beautiful, wonderful, useful things. This little girl is loved, I tell you! Montana doesn't do "foo foo" much so having these southern women around was a rare and CUTESY treat with wrapping and ribbons and pink and flowers and duckies, oh my!. I loved every minute. I can't wait to see them all again when I go back to Mobile next week!!


The other special part was that all of these women have sons with daughters-in-law so they shared some stories and insight into what it's like to be a mother-in-law and it made me think about my relationship with Vickie, Robbie's mother, and of how much I appreciate her and the place she's coming from too. Thank you Miss IJ, Miss Adelia, and Miss Anne for your fun visit and for sharing your thoughts with me. I was touched.

From left to right: Miss Adelia, Miss Ima Jean, Mom, and Miss Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment