Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Nesting Has Started

Last weekend I spent several hours cleaning and reorganizing my room and the baby's room. We moved a dresser into the baby room which meant I had to go through each drawer and sort through the get-rid-of pile and keep pile. I must have vacuumed the room 5 times going back over each spot where I would move something else. I cleaned out the closet and put the crib mattress we got in there. I sorted through the gifts we have already received - ADORABLE THINGS - and put them in some of the drawers. I even dusted the blinds and cleaned the window sill.

Mom and I got the crib mattress on Saturday. I'm learning so much about babies and how they need super firm mattresses at first and then softer ones as they approach the toddler years. We also ordered the crib which should arrive by the middle of next week. Here is a picture of what we ordered. Mom and her friends Miss Ima Jean, Miss Adelia, and Miss Anne and I spent some time in Bibs and Binkies, a local baby boutique, looking at cribs. Robbie and I went back and made the final decision. Robbie actually picked this one out and I think he was proud to be able to make such a prominent nursery decision. See posts below to see our actual bedding.
In addition to preparing the nursery my mind goes over all the other things that need to be cleaned...behind the oven, behind the refridgerator, the carpets, the baseboards, the fan blades, the man room. Yes, Robbie! The man room must be cleaned as well! I'm making the list in my mind and the urgency to complete these things has not quite set in, but the wheels are turning. Robbie, brace yourself.

3 comments:

  1. how fun! after i had jack i kept wishing i could get the nesting instinct back...i've never been so productive in my life! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DITTO Erin! I'm glad it's back right now and i'm trying to take advantage of it too by cleaning and sorting ALL areas of my house rather than JUST Turner's room! AHHHHH... the feeling of a clean and organized house just pleases my soul:) Have Lee,... can't wait to see the finished product of baby girls nursery. The crib and bedding are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm ready for a baby name post. i feel like i can by pushy about this since i shared the name of my first born on the day of the gender ultrasound. :)
    i get to see you so soon!!!

    ReplyDelete