Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

For the Love of Adorable Dresses...

Here is my truth - My real girl and the reality of where I live. For all the love of adorable smocked dresses, pictured below is how things really are. Katie Rose got her first Carharts from Pop. We picked them up at Muroch's on Monday. He got her one pair to wear this fall and another to grow into. He is very proud and can't wait to have her on the tractor with him mowing the flax. These pictures were taken with my phone so that's why they're not as clear.



Mom, a friend of hers, and I had a conversation about what kind of dog we might be. Mom's friend referred to herself as a poodle. Mom referred to me as a poodle wannabe, but I disagreed. I thought of myself as a labrador - much less high maintenance, fun, adventurous, dingy but trainable. But I didn't want to commit to being all Labrador because most labs I know smell bad at times and are too easily amused. I decided I was a labradoodle embracing the best of both worlds. I like getting my hair and nails done so I can look good on the hunting trip. Miss Katie Rose will most likely be a labradoodle as well. Below is her still in her Carharts with a lace trimmed bonnet.

This sweet email was a response on this post from my sweet friend Elizabeth (Dorlon) Floyd:
"i think you're right. you are a labradoodle... although, you kind of remind me of bear [her cockapoo]. she's such a love. loves to snuggle... loves to get dirty...she jumps in any puddle she sees loves getting her hair blown dry... loves boys... and she's not afraid to wear a bow in her hair. love you, leelee lizard"

1 comment: