Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

All Quiet on the Western Front

I don't have much to report on me, but here are some updates on my friends' babies.

Ashley Barnes McFarland is having a girl - her first baby!
Erin Burns Schwant is having another boy - her second baby!
Lauren Martina Hughey is having a boy - her second baby!
Brooke and Peter Howell had their baby, Matine John Howell, on May 11th and she's just beautiful! http://www.brookeandpeter.blogspot.com/



Ashley, Erin, and I (and Todd) used to hang out together at Ono from the time we were in 8th grade. We have too many silly stories to recount, but it sure is funny that Ashley is due in September, Erin in October, and me in November. It makes me miss Mobile and how fun it would be for us to play together again with our own mini-me's.

I feel like a bad blogger because I haven't had much to report lately. The first trimester is officially over today which means our chances of miscarriage are significantly decreased. I still get sick a few times a week, but the Dr. told me that was a good sign. Mom confirmed that with their cardiologist friend who was over for dinner the other night. He agreed that being a little sick was a sign of a good, viable baby. My friend Catherine Kelly gave me some info that came straight from her mom, Chris, who has had 7 babies. I think having 7 makes her the expert. Chris says the sickness should officially stop by 16 weeks, not the end of the first trimester as most people say. She also said that a woman's arms are designed to hold a baby and can cradle a baby forever. Men's arms are different and can only hold a baby for so long before they have to put it down. I thought that was kind of sweet. I thought about how I can't wait to hold our baby. I thought about it again the other day when I was holding sweet Emma Sutherlin. My arms got tired.

2 comments:

  1. hey! thanks for the note about our littlest boy! now it is YOUR TURN to find out...hurry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My arms get tired too! :) But I could still just keep on holding Liza even now... when they are literally breaking at the seams!!! It's a totally different ball game when it's YOUR baby girl or boy. I sure hope you'll be feeling MUCH better really soon!!!

    ReplyDelete