Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Injustice

Ok, so I am not one of those pregnant people that needs to be showered with lots of "ooohs" and "awwwws" and "you're so special" and "you really do look fantastic in your elastic waisted pants," but the other day from the lips of my dear mother came the words, "Ohh, poor Robbie." I'm sure this was over some insignificant sacrifice Robbie had to make like not going fishing on Saturday but going on Sunday instead. Or maybe I asked Robbie to help me with some housework which prompted her deepest sympathies for him.
In my best hormonal tone I said to Mom, "How is it Robbie gets a "Ohh, poor Robbie" when I'm the one throwing up????" She laughed hysterically and then very tongue in cheek replied, "Oh, daughter, do you really think you won't reap some rewards?" I was defenseless against her question! Of course I (with Robbie) will reap HUGE rewards as well as a some discomforts and inconveniences from this exciting journey. And I was satisfied to think that...until this week when Robbie got a new fly rod from Dad with the promise of a new reel when Dad comes out to go along with the fishing trip they are taking this summer and Robbie received a care package of goodies from Williams Sonoma from Mom. I'm still just throwing up while wearing my elastic waist pants. Someone please tell me I look fabulous!!

*Readers should know that I am really just exaggerating my aggravation, perhaps jealousy, and that I have no doubt that the greatest gift is contained solely within me for the time being and it is the very reason I am sick and wearing ugly pants and that I am so, so proud to be in such a condition!

5 comments:

  1. SO funny! i love your new header picture too. perhaps i need to make you a background. wish we could bum around together in our elastic waisted pants!
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not even pregnant and i'm wearing elastic waisted pants...it is my day off and dammit yoga pants are comfy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. note: it has to be added that i did NOT wear said yoga pants when i had lunch with your mummy. i wore a cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lee and Robbie. This is just a little note of encouragement to Robbie. I know Robbie that these are trying times. I am aware of the sacrifices that you are making during this pregnancy. You must keep a positive attitude during this process. Go hiking, go fishing. Take some time for yourself. Allow people to pamper you. A pregnancy is tough on a dad to be. Hang in there buddy. This baby will be here before you know it.
    And Lee - we hope you are well and we love you too.
    Terry Godwin

    ReplyDelete