Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 25, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!

Photos to come....

It was 90% confirmed at our last ultrasound that it was a girl and that her heart looked great! She is still head down but this time she was facing sideways instead of backwards. We are so excited and blesses to have a healthy baby and pregnancy thus far. When I first learned I was pregnant, a girl was what I wanted, but I started telling myself it was a boy just in case it wasn't a girl. Then I got caught up in it being a boy that when I suspected girl 3 weeks ago, I had to readjust. Now I realize it doesn't matter and never did. Girls and girl things are just so darn sweet.

We are also very thankful that Robbie's parents got to come over for the ultrasound. The timing of the last appointment didn't work for them to join us, so when we rescheduled I made sure they were able to come. We had quite the entourage at the hospital: Tim and Yvonne, my parents, Arnold and Vickie, Robbie's parents, and Robbie's friend Calvin who arrived that morning from North Dakota. The ultrasound tech could definitely tell this was the first baby and first grandbaby for the number of people following us.

Robbie and Calvin took off camping for the weekend with some of their guy friends so we haven't had alot of time to talk about it. My initial thoughts are how precious she will be. How I hope she gets Robbie's blue eyes. How I will teach her self respect, kindness, happiness, and to know she is a prize. My friend Shannon says she's going to teach her to be a princess. I say ok as long as she's a nice princess who cares for her king and queen and all the people of her kingdom and her earth.

We have wasted no time collecting girl things. The first thing we got was a pair of crocheted pink bunny booties. Shortly after we got the crib bedding we liked.
Meredith picked me up for lunch after hitting Macy's picking up 7 or 8 dresses on the summer sale. Mom and her girlfriends came over today bringing bags, booties, blankets, bibs, bowls, wipes, and many other adorable things. Her 3 friends, Ima Jean, Adelia, and Anne are all grandmothers and had plenty of advice to offer to me and to Mom about what she'll need at her house.

I know some people like to wait to know the gender, but I am so glad to know. I feel like it's a half way milestone and sheds a new color on the whole rest of the pregnancy. Little girl, you are loved!!

2 comments:

  1. i'll second that:
    "little girl you are loved!"
    so happy about her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for ya'll. Little girls things ARE so darn cute... and I have had to slowly work jay into some of the little boy things I want :) He complains i'm making him too girlie... so I am glad WE had a girl first! :) HAve fun!

    ReplyDelete