Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just Some Thoughts This Evening...


It sounds strange to say this, but I kind of miss being pregnant and in a weird way I look forward to being pregnant again. It's weird to say that because my last memory of being pregnant was terribly painful while I was in labor and before I was in labor I was swollen. I've been saying that I didn't have feet. I had hoagies with toes. The other day I caught myself feeling my belly when something rumbled and I almost wished it was a tiny kick from within. Maybe women miss being pregnant because it's exciting. You spend every minute day dreaming what your baby will be like. Will she look like me or her daddy? Will she be mild mannered - of course she will be! At least that's what I thought. What will labor be like? There are all kinds of feel good chemicals zooming around when you're in great anticipation of a monumental day. I don't feel like this is post partum blues exactly. I've been too busy with a high(ish)-needs baby to think about being depressed. I still don't have every question answered about what Katie Rose will be like, but I know about the pregnancy, labor, and delivery part and I still look forward to doing it again. I had a c-section so my body needs time to heal, but there's a part of me that looks forward to the day it is considered healed when we can think about baby number 2.




No comments:

Post a Comment