Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 20, 2009

Housekeeping

My midnight brainstorming went well when I presented my ideas to Rob. I met him with a smile and a kiss and dinner which made him all the more open to my cleaning suggestions. We've made some deals too. Rob will change the cat litter and I will change the sheets. He hates changing sheets and I am quite fine with not changing the cat litter. All the books say that pregnant women shouldn't change cat litter. However, I have also read that if you have cats you are most likely immune to toxoplasmosis and you wouldn't have much to worry about. I'm just going to accept that I can't change cat litter. The end. We worked together Saturday morning and got alot done. Now Mom, don't go thinking I'm going to turn into the great housekeeper you are, but I might surprise you and do better now that I am thinking about a little baby on the floor who might, no WILL, find the smallest piece of carpet fiber or cat litter and put it in his/her mouth.

In the post below this one you'll see my black cat Kitty Belle. I have had KB for 9 years. We've been through alot together including 5 moves. That's a good cat that will move with you 5 times including one move across the country. This morning I dropped her off at the groomer to have her hair shaved off. She has the thickest fur of any cat I have ever seen. I am tired of the tufts of fur allover the carpet and the sound of her puking up hairballs in the middle of the night. As if the barfing sound wasn't bad enough, Shuge the dog thinks this is the sound of a dinner bell and gets all anxious to go eat the hairball. Gross, I know. So since I can't get rid of the cat, we are getting rid of the problem. The last time I shaved her she ran away for 10 days. A cat's fur is its pride, second only to its tail.

3 comments:

  1. I love Kitty Belle. Remember when she used to carry rolls of toilet paper around the house? I think the baby should be named after her -- Belle. It has a lovely ring to it. OMamaBon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, OMamaBon, I do remember what a funny kitten Kitty Belle was. Tim used to get so mad when she shredded toilet paper allover the study. Say, OMamaBon, where do you find the inspiration for your politically trendy grandma name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee, Ima Jean says she loves your blog; says it is so fun. She said with all your talent, acting and creative writing, who would want to be a domestic diva too?!!

    ReplyDelete