Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cheerios at 3:30 am




Good morning blogging world! It's 3:38 am and I am awake. Mild insomnia....also a really fun part of being pregnant. I have been awake for about half an hour. What originally woke me up was the rustling of the dog and cats and a strange ammonia smell which I hope and believe to be imaginary. Then I needed to use the bathroom, followed by a bit of queasiness, remedied with a small bowl of cheerios.




Now that I am awake I am of course contemplating all the things we need to do around here. Specifically regarding the cats, cat litter, our floors, which are dirty, but otherwise great, and other house chores. Those who know me know that I am not a housekeeper, nor am I very organized around the house. But behold, right now at 3:44 am I am considering making a chart of chores that need to be done weekly, monthly, and every six months. I am a person who needs a list. I seldom make them, but they are really useful and help keep me on track. What does Robbie think of this? I haven't told him yet. Let's just hope I can keep my mind over my hormones and inform him in a nice, gentle manner. I won't wake him right now. Wouldn't it be nice to be asleep and dreaming peacefully right now? He will be waking up in 20 minutes anyway for his work day. I will create said chart today and present it to him with a smile and a kiss this evening. He's going to love it. (Yeah right). Here's hoping. I'll post a follow up....


4 comments:

  1. at least you are a productive sleepless pregnant person...i pretty much just toss and turn and wish i was sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! If this finally goes through... I will have a lot to say! After all, I AM THE GRAND ma, and I intend to be just that -- GRAND! Yahoo-ey! actually I will be 1 of 2
    GRAND mas. Love and bear hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't be a butt=head

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time you wake up at 3:30 and I am awake at 3:30 I might just get up and check to see if you are here. I just lie there and think of stupid stuff I didn't do or should do. You, on the other hand are preparing for the night shift.

    ReplyDelete