Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First Few Purchases

I was really hoping to hold off buying things as long as I could, but a phone call from one's mother can change your thinking. Mom called me several days ago and told me I should start looking for baby gear so that I didn't have to buy alot all at once. She said, "...and we'll need at least 4 car seats. One for your car. One for Robbie's car. One for my car and one for Vickie and Arnold's car." And so it begins...

I went on www.craigslist.com and started looking for baby gear for sale in the Bozeman area. I found a Britax car seat with 2 bases and a stroller all for 100 dollars. Knowing nothing about baby products I called some friends who all agreed that Britax was an excellent (and expensive) brand. They told me it was important that the car seat was not expired - who knew car seats came with expiration dates?? They also said to make sure the car seat had never been involved in a car accident which the seller told me it was not. My friends also said the baby would only be in that car seat for a few months before it needed a bigger one anyway, so if I could get a good deal, TAKE IT! Now I just need a friend to come over and show me how to work this stuff.

We are now have 4 pieces of baby flare. It looks so strange in our house. Robbie brought it in last night and put it all in the middle of the living room. We just stood and stared at it for a moment shocked with the realization that this kind of stuff was about to consume our lives.

On a somewhat related but humorous note, I went to a bridal shower last Saturday. The couple already has tons of household stuff and didn't really register, so I decided to get her a bottle of her favorite tequila, Patron. I felt like a diabetic in a candy store going into Belgrade Liquor and seeing the walls of delicious libations I could not have. I made it out just fine, but for now, I doubt I'll be going back any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. DEFINATELY get ready for baby "stuff" to take over! It's amazing how these tiny little people need so much stuff! AND BIG STUFF! :) Have fun with it, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need the Baby Bargains book before you buy much more! it was a lifesaver for us, saved us lots of money and had really great recommendations. Sounds like you are off to a great start with your new Britax gear! Jack was in his little carseat till he turned one so you never know, you might get lots of use out of it! miss you, can't wait to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete