Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

20 Weeks...Gender Undetected

Our 20 week ultrasound came and went. It has been the most highly anticipated day since finding out we were pregnant. We went to the radiology department on Friday afternoon with mom and dad. The ultrasound tech was very nice and I thanked her for being there on a holiday weekend at 4 o'clock and being nice about it. We got to see its arms and legs, feet and hands, ribs and spine, kidneys and bladder, and skull. It was the cutest ultrasound I've ever seen. It was face planted backwards (facing my back) and upside down with its legs tightly crossed. We got no preview of its baby parts to see if it was a boy or a girl! I tried rolling over, jumping up and down, doing some squats, eating some candy and the little bugger wouldn't budge. We also couldn't see its heart the way we needed to. There wasn't a problem. They just couldn't see all the chambers the way they needed to because of how it was positioned. The good news is that for that medical reason we get to have another one in a few weeks.
Its little feet were stacked right on top of eachother.

I admit was a little disappointed
to not find out. I guess I built it all up too much in my mind that we would have a new way of looking at our baby from that day forward. It's still really cool and I am so grateful that everything looked well. See you soon, baby!! We love you already!







No comments:

Post a Comment