Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Week 20: Ultrasound Eve

Tomorrow is our 20 week ultrasound. I am soooo excited! I'm thrilled to see our baby on the screen again. The changes will be tremendous since our first ultrasound at week 7 when it looked like nothing more than a tiny blob. It will look like a baby with a real facial profile. Hopefully it will reveal its gender and that it's heart and bone structure look perfect. It gives me chills to know that tomorrow we will hopefully know more about our baby that will forecast its entire future - names, activities, clothes, hopes and dreams. Dad can start planning the pony barn, tractor shed, and anything else he thinks this kid could want or need. If you recall I asked Dad when we announced we were pregnant what he would say when this kid wants a pony. Dad said, "I'll tell it to get in the truck. Let's go!"


Dad has been saying this whole time that if we find out the gender he wants us to try to keep it a secret for him. He arrived back in town last night and has changed his mind and now wants to be at the ultrasound. I asked him why he changed his mind. He replied, "I don't want to be left out!" Haha, of course you don't, Dad, and you won't have to be! Bill and Gail Bramer are also here from Mobile visiting and will get to be part of the excitement tomorrow.


Back to the Man's Guide to Baby Sizes, I thought this week 20 comparison was too good not to include. Here's what he said:

Pregnancy Week 20: Mmmm...memories. This week your baby is now the size of one nice-sized boob.
My question is a nice sized regular boob? Or a nice sized pregnant boob? The difference can be substantial.
I also want to give a shout out to my friend Shelly whose birthday is tomorrow. Happy birthday Shells!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR THE NEWS! Ultrasounds are so fun and so incredible. Amazing that we can take a little peek in there :)

    We won't be traveling anymore this summer unfortunately :( Would have loved to see you, too, if we were there over labor day. But we have to space those trips out, plus, i'll be having a baby somewhere around the 10th or 11th of september!!!

    Keep us posted on today!

    ReplyDelete