Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Next Ultrasound Friday

Our next ultrasound is this Friday - earlier than 4 pm - and I can't wait to see our baby again. I am not as anxious about this one as I was the last one now that I know what it's about and knowing that sometimes babies don't do what you want them to. All you moms out there are thinking, "Lee, let go of this expectation right now." It just goes to show that even at 20 weeks our baby has a mind of its own and makes conscious and unconscious choices of its own. I know, another idea I need to get used to.

I'm feeling the baby move more and more often. This week it has been down low tap dancing on my bladder. At one point I felt a bump above and to the right of my belly button and down low at the same time which gave me an idea of how long it might be. It was also an indication that it's getting closer and closer to my ribs at which point there will be nowhere to go but out front.

This period of pregnancy has truly been the most fun compared to the first 18 weeks. This part makes you look forward to doing it again. I feel pretty good most of the time except in the middle of the night when I get up. I feel sore like my body doesn't want to move or bend and my feet feel stiff and achy. What is this?? Anyone know? I believe my feet might be growing. With it being so warm my feet are bigger than they were in May and I hear your feet can grow during pregnancy. Is this because of the hormone relaxin?

1 comment:

  1. Well I've been a mama for almost 28 months now and I still expect babies to cooperate and show their stuff during their ultrasounds! My boys have behaved so far but if I ever have a child that doesn't you can bet I will NOT handle it well...I'm barely handling the anticipation of knowing about yours!!
    As far as the sleep thing goes, I bet it is a circulation thing. Are you sleeping on your left side? Do you have a pregnancy body pillow yet? Oh and yes...your feet can grow as a combo of relaxin and the extra weight of pregnancy. glory. hips get wider too which i find partiuraly frustrating since I can't even deliver.

    ReplyDelete